Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Demystification

So apparently I have built this tiny, little reputation of sorts, and I am here to set the record straight.

I would like the world to know the following:

1. I never check pockets before throwing too many clothes into the washing machine. Why? Mostly because I have been doing Dan's laundry for over ten years, and he hasn't learned to empty his pockets. So shame on him. Why do I put too many clothes in the wash? Really? I just want to get it done. And, for the record, today I had to pull a pair of pants out of the dirty hamper for Joey to wear. I do not like, nor am I good and keeping ahead of the laundry.

2. I cook most nights and out of seven nights in a week, at least one of those meals is a total flop and by total flop, I mean completely inedible. At least three nights out of the week I have to force my children to eat the meal with threats and bribery and at least two meals Dan suffers through because we must be united. So for all of you who see my "amazing" meals that I make, now you know the real deal.

3. Speaking of children, I bribe, threaten, huff, throw my hands up, the towel in, and yell regularly. There you have it.

4. My house is untidy. Plain and simple. I have two kids and a dog and a man who are not neat people. I clean for company, so for those of you who plan to come to my house, yes, it is clean. If you surprise me, I might not let you through the front door.

5. 8 times out of 10, I have not showered when you see me. Maybe it's gross, I don't know. I get there....eventually.


There are so many, many more...but for the sake of upcoming posts, this one was important to set the record straight. My kids are asleep now, therefore I must have a glass of wine. Yeah, I do that, too.

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment