Tuesday, August 11, 2009

It's the Little Things

Today Dan sent me out on a mission to purchase a fan. I packed the kids in the car and headed off to, where else, Target. Of course when I began the journey to the superstore, I knew that I would be leaving with more than a simple desk fan and I am sure that Dan knew that as well. What I didn't expect was to find t-shirts on sale for $2.50! How exciting for me AND for Dan. I am a jeans and t-shirt kind of girl, so this is a big deal. More impressive was the fact that I did not just stick with my uniform of black and white. Oh no, I ventured into the color spectrum and left with yellow, red, and a purplish color.

Before entering the store, I had bribed Natalie's good behavior. After yesterday's grocery store debacle, I wasn't taking any chances. If she behaved as her normal well behaved self (yesterday was the exception) I would stop and get her some Munchkins to eat after lunch. Carrot dangled, bait taken, and on the way home we stopped for the treat. When I arrived at the window to pay, the cashier handed me a tiny, little munchkin sized bag. "OH!" I commented and turned to Natalie, "Look at this neat little bag they have now!" I was much more excited than any grown woman should be about either donuts or the bag they come in. The cashier laughed at me and my four-year-old daughter rolled her eyes and told me she has already seen it.

Hmmm...well, it made me happy...even the eye rolling put a little smirk on my face.

I hope you find your happy today.

No comments:

Post a Comment