Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Drama Queen Cries Wolf


So, I don't know how many of you who read my blog have a five year old at home, well, I know some of you do, but what I mean is the people who read my blog, but don't let me know that they read my blog via, say, comments or "following." Anyway, so for those of you who do, this may sound familiar both because you are living with it or I have already shared the story with you, and for those of you who don't...well, here is what you're missing.

I'm not 100% sure, but I think that this drama thing is genetic. And I'm not going to say which side she gets it from, but both sides have it and it skipped a generation. That generation being me and Dan, of course. The true beauty of Natalie's performances is that there is equal amounts of drama to express that she doesn't like dinner, has a paper cut, has fallen down the stairs, or I have asked her one too many times to just brush her teeth already. All instances involve amazing face contortions, body flailing and throwing, and eventually tears. And by tears, I mean full on water works.

Months ago, at her last dental cleaning, the hygienist checked her teeth and shared with us that the bottom two were loose. Hygienist must have some spidey senses, because I wiggled them too, and there really wasn't any wiggling. Natalie, however, has been talking about her loose teeth for months. MONTHS! She can't bite and apple because her teeth are loose; she can't eat whatever I made for dinner because her teeth are loose; she can't go to bed on time because her teeth are loose. It didn't help that just about everyone we know has already lost at least one tooth. I wasn't really sure how much more of the loose tooth business I could handle.

On Monday, sitting at the Starbucks counter, I had to listen to her go on, and on, and on, and on, and on about the loose teeth. Finally, I was like, "Come here and let me see."

And wouldn't you know, that tiny little baby tooth is loose.

No comments:

Post a Comment