Friday, April 1, 2011

Pity Party

This past week was one of those weeks when I felt like I just couldn't catch a break. To the point that when people asked how I was, I couldn't even muster up a believable fake smile and say that everything was good. No, I answered them with a "okay" in such a tone that made people follow up with "What's wrong?" And I told them. And in the process of telling no less than three people of my woes, I stopped myself everytime within the conversation and apologized for whining and complaining because the truth is, I really don't have anything to complain about.

I have a good life. I have a nice home. I have amazing friends from just about every walk of life I've led. I have beautiful, healthy children (aside from nickels and croup and meltdowns), and a husband, who was told at our wedding, "The key to a happy marriage, is a happy wife," and he has followed that advice for the past eight and a half years. In my heart and my head, I know that I was just feeling sorry for myself for no good reason.

So, thank you to the friends, who didn't know they were invited to my pity party, and caught me at those moments when I just couldn't pretend that I was feeling 100% and who, after I apologized for whining to them, assured me that is was okay and I am entitled to do so every so often. And thank you to those friends, who I know, if I had encountered you, you too would have let me whine and vent.




No comments:

Post a Comment