Thursday, June 30, 2011

Blessed

I often bask in my good fortune. I have an amazing husband, truly, 93% of the time amazing. Two great kids, 85% of the time. As I write this, Natalie is having a total meltdown in her room. But over all, I think those are some above average marks for my little family-- and I am a tough grader. But today I was lucky enough to have lunch with my dear friend Jess, of whom I am in awe. She is absolutely fabulous and simultaneously modest and above all just plain lovely and a genuine light. Tomorrow I have the privilege, although I had to act like a desperate girlfriend to get it, of lunching with my confidant, Steve, for whom I have the utmost respect and some of the deepest love. And both of them, are willing to lunch with me and the tiny little terror, my constant companion, the bro.

I am so very, very blessed in this life.

No comments:

Post a Comment