Wednesday, June 13, 2012

What the Heck?

Joey is giving me all my material lately.  I swear, the minute that kid overcomes a challenging behavior it just makes room for a new one.   Yesterday, as we arrived home from a fantastic day of pond, sand, playground, and friend fun, Joey turns to me and says, "What the HECK?"  

What the what?

Blue eyes glinting, wide smile, "What the HECK, Mommy?"  Ummmmm, he's three.  THREE!  This kid is full of so many parenting curve balls that I just don't remember encountering with Natalie.  Yes, as we discovered, she came with some typical behavior, but it was all behavioral.

I spent more than an average amount of time thinking about this last night.  Why do I feel this is somehow worse than when he says,  "Shoot, shoot, shoot" or "Tata, do you want to do this the easy way or the hard way?"  Perhaps, because I know this one didn't come from me, and my protective bubble around him is bursting much earlier than Natalie's did.   Maybe it's because in the same week I have one child spelling out "cock" with fruit and the other saying "What the heck?"


Shoot, shoot, shoot.

No comments:

Post a Comment