Monday, February 22, 2010

SAHM



Have I mentioned that I am a stay-at-home mom? In my case, this also means that I am a stay-at-home wife, which this weekend someone referred to me as Dan's personal secretary, and it is true. Just last week, before I even finished my coffee, he says to me, "I need your help with something." "Sure," I reply foolishly thinking I need to go to the bank or need to pick something up or drop something off.

"I need you to plan a corporate golf outing."

Although, that is not really what this blog is about, I was just trying to make a point that I don't actually sit around blogging and Facebooking all day. However, with the iPhone it certainly makes it easier.

But, no, this is about being a stay-at-home mom, the best job I have had yet, might I add. There are a few things in my journey to this point that make me feel mommier and mommier. The first was when I acquired my first pair of clogs. Please note, I said first pair. Somehow I felt that these shoes were like a true sign of my initiation into this mommy club. Second, is when Natalie and I make cupcakes for special events: birthday celebrations, last days of school, because it is snowing. We make so many cupcakes now that I need to purchase one of those special cupcake tupperwares. If you are reading this and don't know what that is, well, most likely you are not a SAHM.

Then today, just today I think I had the mommiest moment yet. It all started two weeks ago, when Natalie was assigned snack day at school. She wanted to concoct these yogurt covered frozen bananas on a stick. I thought the idea of bananas and yogurt was good, but the freezing, the dipping, the sticking a stick in them....it needed to be fine tuned. So together we created a parfait using all the ingredients she wanted for the original idea. This morning, we stood at the counter together, counted out 18 clear Solo cups, and began the process of yogurt, granola, yogurt, banana. I manned the yogurt, but she sprinkled all the granola and carefully placed each slice of banana on top.

I couldn't help but step back at our creation and think, Damn, I'm good at this job.


No comments:

Post a Comment