Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Remember When

Remember yesterday, when I out right said that I would need to remind myself how sweet and cute and adorable my daughter is before she drives me insane? Yeah, well, that time has come. Inwardly, I chant a silent mantra, I love her, I love her, I love her because I do, very much, but man that kid knows exactly which buttons to push. AND she knows to push them when I have no back up, because Dan will not be home tonight, and I swear she knows just how to beat me down. Really, it's a skill.

And my head has a dull throbbing and my eyes are burning, because it took fifteen minutes for her to actually get her hands under the running water only after she hit her head and twenty minutes to eat only the tops off of three pieces of broccoli after she bit her cheek. Although it would seem that ultimately I won, I didn't because she didn't just do it the first time, everything was a battle. And while I may have lost part of each, I am winning on teaching her the concept of Karma, because after she hit her head, I asked her if she knew why, and through her little whines, I deciphered, "Because I didn't listen to you." And after she bit her cheek, I asked her if she knew why, " Because I didn't just sit down and eat my broccoli."

The small victory...for today.

1 comment:

  1. A terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day. I think I will move to Australia

    ReplyDelete