Monday, March 15, 2010

Three Syllables


My baby girl keeps growing up and combined with the forty days and forty nights of rain, it is making me sad. She no longer fits into the clothes in the baby girl section, because her giraffe like legs and torso fit into a size six. Which means that while they are still cute clothes, they have this slight hint of being too mature for her.

Today, she told me she can't wait until she's eighteen and I assured her that I could totally wait for that day to come, in fact I would like her to stop right here, actually I want her to go back two years. She cocked her head and a gave me a pity look and said, "Mommy, I can't help that I'm growing up." It was so true and innocent and sweet. The type of thing I need to remember later on today when she is driving me insane.

And although she is growing up and is only a four and a half year old dressed in six year old clothing, there are some things she does that remind me that she is still little.

She says, mag-a-net, rec-a-tangle, biz-a-ness, Dis-a-ney and soon she is going to realize that this is not the way to say these words. I know this for a fact, because today in the car, she explained to me the definition with examples of a palindrome, which is pronounced correctly.

No comments:

Post a Comment