Thursday, May 21, 2009

Mini Me

I think, for women who choses to have children, every girl needs a girl.  Not that having a boy isn't wonderful.  It so is.  In fact, I thought that I would have a few more years before Natalie turned into a full on "Daddy's Girl", but she is 100% there, so it is nice to have a little boy who is in love with me.  Even if only because I provide the food--I'll take it.

I don't know if all mothers the following statement, with disturbing delight, "I hope you have a child just like you."  This isn't the kind of hope, like, "I hope my child is incredibly smart, attractive, talented, etc."  This is a kind of sinister hope, that is delivered with an evil glint in their eye.  We were little, really how bad could we have been?  I mean, I fear my daughter as a teenager, but a child?

Well, whenever we are with my mother and Natalie behaves less than wonderfully, my mother smirks, with that what goes around, comes around attitude.   The thing is, Natalie is acting like the person I am now, with all my crazy idiosyncrasies and quirky attributes.  Things that one would not normally see in themselves, but I have this human mirror who says and does some of the most insane things, which when I ask where she learned that or why she does that, I later on catch myself doing the exact same thing. 

Just the other day, Natalie and I were driving somewhere and she says to me, "Well Mom, I have good news and bad news, which do you want first?"  Or when she she puts one hand on her hip and the other in the air, "What do ya say we make a deal?"

So I guess my mother's wish came true, in a way.

No comments:

Post a Comment