Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Shades of Grey

My hair is slowly starting to turn grey.  Sigh.  

I first noticed this change about two years ago, when thinking about how I would wear my hair for my dear Karyn's wedding, I put on my lotus (purple) dress, pulled my hair this way and that (as every girl does), only to find that just above my right eyebrow were three squirrley strands of hair that were not dark brown.  My best friend was getting married, I was the BFotB (Best Friend of the Bride aka Matron of Honor), and I didn't want everyone to see my three matronly grey hairs, so I dyed my whole head dark brown.  That was the most logical step, right?

In hindsight, I am fully aware of the melodrama and have not dyed my hair since.  Therefore, in an effort delay my premature aging, I began to pluck these three indignant hairs.  However, recently I have discovered that I have grey hairs all over my head! Some, that if I weren't inspecting my head in the mirror during Natalie's tubby time, I would never notice.  And these are not tiny little hairs, these are grey hairs that have been growing for some time - they are the same length as the rest of my beautiful, dark, young colored hair.  At some point, which has really already passed, I am not going to be able to pluck all these hairs.  Deeper sigh.

To dye or not to dye?  This is really more maintenance than I am able to embrace.  Next I will be wearing make-up everyday and then getting weekly manicures...do you see how this snowballs?  But I am not ready to embrace the grey hair just yet either.  Woe.  I suppose I should just be happy that I have hair at all, but while I may not be a hair color maintenance kind of girl, I am not a martyr either.  But I am writing an entire post on my measurable greys, so perhaps, I am one of those girls.  Sigh.

1 comment:

  1. love this! oh, and little Emily just told me, "there's rachael ray!" She likes your profile pic! HILARIOUS!

    ReplyDelete