Tuesday, November 24, 2009

The Most Wonderful Time of the Year

I love the holiday season. I don't know if I really made that clear two posts ago. I love Christmas carols; I love egg nog; I love seeing people's houses decorated with lights, tastefully or otherwise; I love picking out wrapping paper and wrapping gifts for everyone's kids; I love candy canes; I love creating our holiday cards, I love that I make Grandpa Sam's latkes better than Dan does...

On Sunday, Natalie and I were in the car and "The Most Wonderful Time of the Year" came on the radio. And from the back seat she says to me, "Mommy, this is the happiest time of the year." "Why do you say that, Nat?" "Because the song says..." at which point she begins to sing along.

This made me smile through the irony, that although it is the happiest time of the year, no one would let me merge into holiday traffic.

No comments:

Post a Comment