Tuesday, November 17, 2009

'Tis the Season


Lite FM has begun their 24 hours of Christmas carols and I am SO excited. I love that I am guaranteed to hear The Carpenters at least once every time I get into my car. I know that the holidays have become a total commercial thing, but I love the feeling I have during the holiday season, that build up of good tidings and cheer. These songs signify cold weather that requires colorful scarves and hats. It means sitting in front of the fireplace with some kicked up egg nog. It means watching Elf, The Muppet's Christmas Carol, and National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation too many times. It means that soon my house will be full of friends who I see too little of during the year, but manage to save a place in their calendars every December for my holiday party.

Especially, this time of year means Steve's red holiday wear, which we all look forward to seeing year after year.









Year one, Steve actually wore a light blue sweater, year two is the red and white striped shirt. It was consecutive years three and four when he wore the identical red sweater with white collared shirt that earned him his reputation. Year five he showed up in the maroon shirt "claiming" that moths had eaten his red sweater. There was backlash and I believe he bought a red sweater for last year's party. But I was much too pregnant to care about taking photos.

**After reading this post, Steve was kind enough to send me a picture of the new red sweater. Expect to see pictures of it again after this year's holiday party.

1 comment: