Sunday, April 18, 2010

If I Ran the Circus



A long, long time ago, in a lifetime far away, back when I was being questioned my identity as Kristen Dattoli, I was flipping through the pages of People's bachelor edition. I would also like to mention that I was reading this while cycling at the gym. I feel that is an important detail, just so no one thinks I was cozy on the couch reading during the commercials of General Hospital, or anything like that. No, no, I was at the gym.

As I flipped through the pages of attractive single men, my mouth fell open when I read the name Kevin Venardos, complete with picture and a small copy. Why was I stunned? Because this Kevin Venardos, who not only went to my high school, (whatever, I mean so did Shaun Weiss of Mighty Ducks fame and Kerri Green - yes, the Goonie), but because Kevin and I were actually friends in high school, and by friends I mean I had a crush on him. But more importantly, he used to drive me home from school for the better part of my sophomore year. Well, there he was in print and single and the ringmaster for the famous Ringling Bros. Circus. I ripped the page out of the gym's copy of the magazine and brought it home to show Dan.

Per my suggestion earlier this week, Dan purchased tickets to the Big Apple Circus and on the way into Boston, I reminded him of this discovery I had made long, long ago. Low and behold, when the circus began, and the ringmaster came out, my eyes went wide, I turned to Dan and said, "That is Kevin Venardos!" What could a girl do but cyber stalk him on Facebook and wouldn't ya know, there he was and now he is my "friend" once again.

My world keeps getting smaller and smaller.

On a side note, if you enjoy the circus or have small children who will enjoy the circus, I highly recommend. But be prepared for the sweaty palms the trapeze artists may cause you.


No comments:

Post a Comment