Monday, April 12, 2010

Portrait of an Artist


A few weeks ago, when I asked Natalie what she did at school, rather than responding with her normal, "Nothing," "I don't know," or "I don't feel like telling you," (just a reminder that she is four and a half, not sixteen), she informed me that she had "drawed" a self-portrait. I was so excited, in part because she gave up this information willingly and because I couldn't wait to see what my burgeoning artist had created. "Will I get to see this portrait? Will it come home in your Friday folder?" I asked. "No," she replied, "it is going to be on display at the art show."

Art show?? Even more exciting. My little girl's work is going to be in an exhibit! I made sure to mark this, rather highlight it on the school calendar, because it was already there. I made sure that Dan would be able to come to see it, and if we had family that lived near by, I probably would have invited them too. I was a full fledged, lame-o, proud mama.

There is something about faux matting (red stock paper) and a Avery label with her name printed on it, that just makes me gush with pride.

No comments:

Post a Comment