Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Hiatus

I am beginning to understand why television shows take a break after twenty-four episodes. It is hard coming up with new and entertaining material. I am no Tina Fey, and the material doesn't seem to just flow from my brain to the post as easily as I would like it to. Along with that, I am afraid that like a good tv show, I started out strong and people thought I was funny (which I am not), but now I feel that I need to at least attempt keep up the ruse.

Secondly, we were in New Jersey for a week, which is a very long time. So long, in fact, that when Dan arrived on Saturday I had re-acquired my Jersey accent. My non-descript New England accent has taken years to perfect - it is neither Boston nor New Hampshire, but I what think is a perfect blend of the two. But after a week of hearing, "Do you want a cup of cawfee?" and "Where is the dawg?" it was bound to happen that I would tell my husband to keep it under the awning. That is pronounced AWning rather than AHning. It was at that moment that I knew it really was time for us to return home.

So here I am, back from the break, with a new resolve to tawk about the goings on in the life of K. Rabs.




No comments:

Post a Comment