Thursday, January 21, 2010

Guilt Free, Not Fat Free



For the first time, in a long time, I had time just to myself. I don't mean any disrespect to my husband or to my friends, but today I had time just for me, which let's be honest moms, doesn't happen all that often. Date nights are great, but just pure, indulgent alone time, amazing.

Probably since my first trimester with Natalie, I cared not what I ate for lunch. I didn't think twice about the fat content in the mayo that was in the tuna that was from a can laden with salt that was on bread that was served with potato chips. I sipped my second cup of coffee with milk, not skim milk, and ate my sandwich with all the potato chips and then I proceeded to eat the little, mini cupcake the cafe provided me. The cupcake that was probably made with shortening and knowingly made with butter and sugar and FOOD COLORING! Oh my goodness, the food coloring tasted so good. Ok, so the cupcake was a let down, but there was no guilt. NO GUILT! WHAT?! For the first time, in a long time, a cupcake tasted so good. Regardless of the 900 calories that I purposely burn at 6:30 in the morning or the intense quasi vegan meal plan I have been following for the past two weeks.

That food colored, shortening, buttered, sugared cupcake tasted so good because I didn't have to share it with any tiny, little grabby kid hands.

1 comment: