Monday, March 2, 2009

Still Life


I want to be annoyed by this perpetual winter, but I remind myself that this is New England and winter still gets to run its course for another two weeks.
  
Since I have no control over this weather, I decided to look on the bright side of snow remembering how exciting, as a kid, it was to have a snow day this late in the year.  As an "adult" I thought about how the snow slows everyone down.  We are always on, always going, we seem to always be fifteen minutes late for something.  But when it snows, there is no rush to be anywhere. We stay in bed a little longer and cuddle up under the covers to stay warm.   

This morning, I lingered over my coffee, staring out the window at the yard blanketed in fresh white, and enjoyed the silence, stillness and cleanliness that the snow brings.  While I do hope that this is the last snow of the season, I did enjoy this opportunity to just stop, and for that I love the snow.

1 comment:

  1. I am right there with you, Kristen. I woke up, saw the cloud of white out my window, pulled the covers over my head, and slept for another hour. I am ready for the landscape to be colors other than white, gray, black, and brown, though. Come on green!

    ReplyDelete