Sunday, April 19, 2009

Joe Joe the Bro Bro

This morning, in the wee hours, I'm talking 3:30am, while I was up feeding Joey, I realized how much I cherish those quiet times that are not being dictated by his sister's schedule.  Poor Joe, although he doesn't now it yet,  he has the common misfortune of being born second.  I can totally empathize with him, being secong myself. 
But in the dark of his room, while it is just the two of us, I thought he needs a little spotlight to himself, and I began to think about all the little things in which I lose myself and fall in love with him over and over again.

  • His tiny little ear lobes that are so easy to kiss while his sleepy head is resting on my shoulder
  • His tiny little baby feet that still fit into my hands
  • The gummy little smile that he offers me when I take him out of his crib in the morning.
  • The way he brings his hands together, Montgomery Burns style, like he is plotting something wonderfully mischevious.
  • His baby smell
  • The way his his miniature fingers wrap around mine with a grip that feels as though he never wants to let me go
  • His dazed and confused stare-- the moment of calm just before he is going to fall asleep in his chair
  • Hearing his tiny little boy laugh which consequently makes the rest of us laugh
  • The way he looks, so lovingly,  at his big sister.
  • The fact that he will let me and appreciates that I want to kiss him all the time, and doesn't put a number limit on my kisses (like some other children in my house).

No comments:

Post a Comment