Wednesday, June 3, 2009

BFotB


One would think with my "ability" to write and to stand in front of a classroom to teach middle schoolers that I am good with a crowd, but there is nothing further from the truth.  The fact of the matter is, I HATE speaking to crowds, mostly those of my peers and elders.  Pre-teens any day because I know, for the most part, that I am smarter, and if for some reason I am unsure, all I have to say is participial phrase.  Yet somehow, people who supposedly consider me their best, closest, dearest friends continue to put me in this position that makes me extremely uncomfortable.  It all started with Karyn and a conversation or conversations where I crowned her godmother to my first born and later I was chosen to be maid of honor at her wedding. Both of which we followed through on.  

Karyn epitomizes the saying, "Friends are the family you choose for yourself."  I imagine she would still be coming to Dattoli family holidays had she not married a christian boy.  Karyn is also, THE best friend.  That is not to belittle any of my other friends, but as I think I said in my wedding speech/toast, Karyn is my soulmate.  I know there was a time when we weren't friends, but it was like one day we didn't know each other and then the next day we were best friends.  I have traveled from New Hampshire to Manhattan, Massachusetts to California, and from  Spain to London to see her.  We speak on a weekly basis AND with the upcoming birth of her son, we are FINALLY in the same place in life, if not in the same state, which during those conversations we also discussed would be part of our future. 

I don't remember much of what I said at their wedding, I know I told her husband I thought he was odd, and I had to put my champagne glass down because I was shaking, but the rest is really a blur.  But today is Karyn's anniversary, and I felt it was time she get her post. 

Happy Anniversary Karyn and David!  xoxo

**please note in the photo above, my monochromatic hair and lotus dress







No comments:

Post a Comment