Friday, June 5, 2009

Daddy's Girl





For one of my 20something birthdays, (that is actually what he wrote on the card) my father tried to explain to me the bond between a father and daughter. He had given me What a Girl Wants as a birthday present, because after seeing the film, the main character, "wiggling" (his words) her way into her father's heart, made him think of me.  He goes on to write that he "hopes...Dan [has] a daughter like you because you bring me a special joy."  

Natalie is about a month away from turning four, and I see SO much of myself in her, as well,  I see how Dan has become the main man in her life, by which all future suitors should be compared.  I think about my own relationship with my father and can't help but smile as they go off on their "nature walks" and "Daddy and Me adventures."  As I mentioned in an earlier post, there are so many characteristics of mine she has acquired from just spending time with me.  The love of her father, I don't know if it is innate or inherited, but it is, and I love it.


2 comments: